Saturday 1 December 2018

Na Wa O

I had a knack for dyeing my hair when I was young. I literally had no respect for my hair and just treated it any way I felt like. Bonding glue. Super strength relaxer. Bleach. Whatever my mood – I was going for it. In 2016, I got a pixie cut which I loved. But no one tells you that after a week, you will look just like Naruto if you don’t go to the salon to get it ‘laid’ all over again. After over a year of the pixie – I started to have this craving to see what my natural hair looked like. I think I saw a lot of people around me have natural hair and it just looked so thick and amazing and for the first time, I wanted to see what would happen if I treated my hair right. My mum relaxed my hair at 6 years old so I really have never even seen my natural hair. Because I had a pixie, it didn’t feel like ‘big chop’ per se. More like a small chop. Ha. I literally went to the barbers – showed him a pic of a cute girl I found on tumblr with a side part and said ‘make me look just like that’. And that was it really. I remember looking in the mirror right after I cut my hair thinking – “, there’s no going back now”. Lol.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment