Monday 26 February 2018

' One Of My Songs '

Majek Fashek is the number one musicianin the whole Africa of all time to have broken into the American market.
If you go to San Francisco, you will see my name written boldly intheir hall of fame. I was on the David Letterman Show and that is one of
the biggest platforms in America that has played host to great people
like Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, among others. In America, they have a
structure of classifying stars from superstar to megastar and legend. I
am classified as a legend with people like Bob Marley, Whitney Houston,
among others. I am not a social media musician. In 1987, there was only
one TV station in Nigeria but my music was able to blow over to the US.
It is not like these days when you can just record a video on socialmedia, and people will see it all over the world immediately. In those
days, Lucky Dube would open shows for me. I also went on an American
tour with great musicians like Jimmy Cliff, among others. I was featured
in New York Times and other A-list media; and all these information are
on the Internet for you to confirm. Till date, no other African
musician has been able to do that. One of my songs, I am not Afraid,
has been sampled by over 200 American musicians including Bono. I used
to be very good friends with Michael Jackson and that is why I named my
last child, Michael”.
Majek Fashek
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment