Thursday 5 October 2017

"Forget That I Am Single, Even People Who Are Married Have Issues | Tina Mba Talks About Rising Over Societal Pressure" - Www.KemiFilani.Com

Tina Mba

According to: 
 
 
 
 
 
"In a recent interview with City People magazine, actress Tina Mba had this to say:

"First thing is to know who I am. I can’t compromise that. It’s what I want. And I can’t see another person. I am not into the band wagon effect. It doesn’t move me because I know where I am going. And I really know who I am. I have defined me. This is how I want to goo I will observe whats going on around me. I will learn from it. It doesn’t really matter whats going on around me.

But I do not necessarily have to be part of it because I know that somehow, some where, the path I have gone through some people will come after it and determine it is a way to go. People keep asking me: how do you do it? How have you come this far? You are still here, when some have come and gone. I say to them well its a choice. When it got tough I stayed. When it is getting better I am here. When it will be good and better, God willing, I will be here.

It is just a matter of determining that this is where you want to go and this is where you want to be. I do not say to myself in so, so number of years I am going to have done this I can’t determine that. I am not God. But I can hope that in 5 years, it will be better. I have seen kids through school. My last kid is in 3rd year UNI and that’s no mean feat.

Forget that I am single, even people who are married have issues. God has blessed me with great children. I have 2 biological children and grand children. It is just the way it is. Get your mind right. Don’t let the pressure of society, or the pressure of somebody is driving a Range Rover, or aeroplane or somebody has a shop that is bigger than Eko Hotel, move you.

We all have our calling. We all have our time. We can’t all be like that. I am me. What drives many of is: This is me, but I want to be like you. Then I get into trouble trying to be like you.""
 

No comments:

Post a Comment