Tuesday 24 May 2016

Communication with Angie Cruz the Latina Author

Dear readers,


I read the book let it rain coffee by Angie Cruz.


I found the book enjoyable to read and I sent Angie Cruz an email and she replied.  


Here below are mine written thoughts to her and her response also.


 
Hello Angie Cruz,




I read your book "Let It Rain Coffee" it is





fantastic and inspiring.  The characters, Don Chan,



Santo, Esperanza, Hush, Dallas, Caridad, Miraluz, Mr


and Mrs Hernandez, Bobby, Consuelo are all kind of


intertwined.  How?  By their life stories, how they


evolved through deaths and births, in their search


for something, found something greater; my typical


example would be Esperanza and Miraluz; very similar


yet different.  Hush played a huge significance in


the lives of Santo's family.  Her presence in their


lives enabled lots of changes.  Inshort the book is


just too awesome.  You did an awesome job, i would


 say.






As a person of African descent.  Nigerian origin to


be precise. 



You brought to life what i can identify


with in terms of struggle, enlightenment,


forgiveness, questions and answers through your


characters, the only difference is the origin being


 Dominican Republic (D.R.).  





I can't wait to read Soledad.  I pray that i would


locate it in my local library in London cause that


is where i found, Let It Rain Coffee; Newham Library


to be precise.  I have to go now.  Hope to hear from


you and if not.  Keep on keeping on with your books.





 Take care now and all the best.





 Ifeyinwa (Ify) Atuanya.





Angie Cruz








"Dear Ify,

Thank you for your letter and encouraging words.

Especially at this moment while I am writing my third

novel. As a writer there are always moments of doubts

and letters like yours remind me why I should

continue. 

In sisterhood,
Angie"


No comments:

Post a Comment